How to Direct Submit to SafeAssign
DirectSubmit generates SafeAssign reports on papers not uploaded to an assignment using the SafeAssign service. You can use DirectSubmit to add papers to the institutional database. Whenever possible, Blackboard advises creating assignments with the SafeAssign submission option selected.
DirectSubmit isn't integrated with the Grade Center.
In one session using DirectSubmit, you can submit a single paper or submit multiple papers in a single ZIP file. DirectSubmit cannot process files that are larger than 10 MB.
1. Inside the Course
- Scroll to Organization Tools
- Select SafeAssign
- To upload student papers select DirectSubmit.
3. Submit Paper
- Click on the Shared tab.
- Select the Submit Paper link.
4. Uploading a Paper
- Select one or both of the submission options (Submit as draft or Skip Plagiarism Checking). Which means that the papers will be added to the institutional database and/or checked for plagiarism.
- Click on Browse button to upload a file (zip, doc, docx, odt, txt, pdf, rtf, or html formats are accepted) or select Copy/Paste Document and enter Paper Title and Text inside the text box areas.
- Click the Submit button
Note: If just checking a section of a paper, select the copy/paste document section.
- You will see the uploaded paper listed under Filename.
Note: To delete papers, check the box to the corresponding papers and click on the Delete button.