Now when you log into your email account, you may have a new requirement before you can access your email. This is normal and in the long-run it is beneficial and user-friendly because it will allow you to reset you password without having to contact an administrator or the Help Desk in case you forget your password.
After logging into your email account, you may be asked to give some personal information which includes phone numbers, another email address, and three security questions.
NOTE: You are only required to set up 1 option.
1. First, start by verifying your phone number by hitting “Set it up now”.
2. You will choose your country in which you live and type in your phone number. Choose to have a call or a text.
3. From here, you will be called or texted a verification code. You will need to type in this code which you are given into the verification panel. When finished, click “Verify”.
4. Next, you will do you email. In a similar fashion. Type in your personal email, such your Gmail, Yahoo!, Hotmail, etc. and you will need to click on the button saying “email me”.
5. Then, log into your person email account and check your email inbox. You will have a verification code from Microsoft in there waiting for you. Take this verification code and enter it into the verification panel.
6. Take this verification code and enter it into the verification panel and click on “Verify”.
7. The final part is to set up Security Questions. Click “Set them up now” and choose 3 questions to answer that you must know the answers to. Answer the following Questions and hit “Save Answers”.
After this step, you are finished with the process and will now be able to reset you password without having to contact an administrator. If you continue to have difficulties, you can contact the Athens State Help Desk at 256-216-6698 and someone will be glad to help!