How to cleanly remove and reinstall the Tegrity Recorder.
To remove Tegrity Recorder from your Windows PC cleanly:
- Make sure that you have Administrative rights to the local PC.
- Disable User Access Control (UAC) on the computer. (See HERE)
- Go to Control Panel > Program and Features. Select and remove all Tegrity components as shown below.
If Tegrity was installed using the package builder (See HERE) please remove all other Tegrity components as well.
- Reboot the PC after all components are removed.
- After startup Login back into the PC and remove the following:
‘Tegrity’ folder inside C:\Windows\Temp\
‘Tegrity’ folder inside C:\Program Files (x86)\
- Go to C:\Programdata\Tegrity. If you do not see the folder; Go to ‘Computer’ from the Start Menu or Desktop.
- In the Address bar at the top and type: ‘C:\Programdata\Tegrity’ and press Enter.
- Copy the ‘recordings’ folder to another location. (ex. Desktop)
- Go back and delete the Tegrity folder inside C:\Programdata\.
Reinstall Tegrity Recorder
Go to and login to your Tegrity Web site. This can be through your Campus LMS or direct to the Site itself.
- Login with an instructor/student account or the Tegrity Administrator account.
- If using an Instructor/student account: Click ‘Start a Recording’ to begin installation of the Tegrity Recorder.
- If using a Tegrity Administrator account: Click ‘Install Recorder’ from the Admin Dashboard to begin the installation.
- Once the installer has finished; go back and copy the ‘recordings’ folder you moved/copied in the Uninstall steps back to the C:\Programdata\ folder.
- Make a small recording (30 second or less) to enable the Tegrity Tray icon in the system tray.
- Once the install is completed you may re-enable (UAC) to the computer.