This is a known issue with Respondus LockDown Browser for the current version of Blackboard we are using. To resolve, completely uninstall LockDown Browser, reboot your computer, then reinstall it from the link on our website (www.athens.edu/blackboard).
Additionally, the version of Internet Explorer on your computer MUST be newer than IE7. If IE7 or below is installed, IE must be upgraded to IE8 or higher.
After reinstalling Respondus Lockdown Browser do the following:
- Open Internet Explorer
- Go to Tools
- Go to Compatibility View Settings
- The box under “Websites you’ve added to Compatibility View” should be blank
- If there is something in the box select it and then select Remove
- Uncheck any of the boxes on the bottom that are checked
- Select Close
8. Also, from within Respondus Lockdown Browser, select the "i" or "about" icon at the top of the page and make sure you are using the most current version.