If you have a video file on your computer that you would like students to view, it Is better to place it on a streaming video service such as YouTube or Tegrity rather than just placing the video in your Blackboard class. Placing the video directly in your Blackboard class would force the students to download the video before being able to view it which could take hours depending on the length of the video and the student’s Internet speed.
Placing a video file in Tegrity is a simple process. The steps are listed below.
- Login to Blackboard and enter the course you want to add the video to.
- Click Tegrity Classes on the main menu located on the left hand side of the screen. If you do not have a Tegrity Classes button, contact email@example.com for assistance.
- Once Tegrity launches, move your mouse over the Course Tasks drop-down menu on the left hand side of the screen and select Upload Video File.
- In the pop-up screen that appears, name the video whatever you’d like and then click the Browse button.
- Locate the video you want to upload. Most standard video formats are accepted (.avi, .mov, .wmv, .mp4, etc.).
- Once selected, simply click Upload Video.
- The video will begin processing and will appear in your classes Tegrity Recordings. After a few minutes, the video should be available to you and your students.
IMPORTANT NOTE: While the video is being processed between you clicking Upload Video and the video being available, DO NOT shut off your computer, close your laptop, or let it go into hibernation mode. The computer must remain on and active until the process is complete.