Download and Install Office 2016 for Mac
1. From your Mac, sign in to your Athens State email account.
2. From Outlook (Mail/inbox), click Office 365.
3. Click Install Office 2016.
4. On the Software page, under Install Office 2016 for Mac, select Install to begin downloading the
5. Once the download has completed, open Finder, go to Downloads, and double-click
6. On the first installation screen, select Continue to begin the installation process.
7. Enter your Mac login password to complete the installation.
After Office 2016 for Mac is installed, Word 2016 for Mac opens so you can activate Office and
confirm your subscription (free with your Athens State email account). You should only have to do this once.
1. Review the Word 2016 for Mac What's New screen, and then select Get started.
2. On the Sign in to Activate Office screen, select Sign In, and then enter your Athens State email
address and password.
3. After you sign in, you may see an alert asking for permission to access the Microsoft identity
stored in your keychain. Select Allow or Always Allow to continue.
4. On the next screen, choose an appearance for your Office installation, select Continue, and then
select the Start Using Word button to open the app and complete the Office 2016 for Mac activation.